Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Honestly


Proverbs 10:9  Honesty lives confident and carefree, but Shifty is sure to be exposed.

Honesty is the best policy, that’s what we were taught. Is that how people live? Hardly. White lies, lying to save our selves, taking sick days when we’re not sick at all, are all too common. Honesty is a good policy, when it suits me.

The even deeper question is am I living honestly with myself? Do I like who I am and what I do? Am I open about my feelings? Are my actions true to myself?

When you live an honest life, you live free of guilt, shame and pain. You can look people in the eye and walk with head held high. Life is bliss. Dishonesty will always be exposed, and it always comes with disappointment, shock and heartache. It is just not worth it.

Choose to live an honest life today. Examine your own heart and see if there is any deceitfulness. Get tough with yourself and stop making excuses that are really lies. Determine that you are a person of utmost integrity. Live confident, carefree, and honest.

Be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment